Gamer's Choice Radio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

2 posters

Points and Reputation System

Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

Points and Reputation System Empty Points and Reputation System

Post  Ariah Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:33 am

I got crazy the other day and decided to implement the points and reputation system on the forums. You'll notice under your avatar next to your messages and on your profile that your points and reputation are listed there.

Here's how it works, you get a certain amount of points for each post and topic you submit. Also there is a voting system, you can vote a positive or negative point for each post that you read by someone else. Its kind of hard to see tho. Look closely at the top right corner of someone's post, you'll see a little plus sign and minus sign. You click on either of those to vote in favor or disfavor of a post. Basically saying if you think its a good post or bad post, if it was helpful or not, if you agree or not, whatever reason happens to apply to the topic that is posted.

So here's how it works. A little later on, I will be organizing a ranking system within the forum, and based on your points you will be given a certain rank. Reputation points are based on how many positive votes your posts get. It's mostly for bragging rights and to make things a little more interesting, but I figured we could all have some fun with it. So go earn those points!

Well folks, happy posting!
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake
    Birthday : 1989-12-19

Points and Reputation System Empty Re: Points and Reputation System

Post  Rivkah Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:41 am

Actually, it's really fun because now I'm going back and looking at old posts I'd forgotten about to click on those little +s - I was totally laughing out loud at you and zain fighting in his intro thread xD
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

Post  Ariah Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Hahaha! Yeah that was a riot wasn't it. Very Happy Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:21 am